Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ready for the New Year


I love Christmas decor, but am always relieved to take it all down and pack it away for another year. My living room looks like it's had a haircut.

The mantel is pared down again. All of the layers and greens are gone. 

It is less cluttered. Just waiting for some creativity to be applied.



For now, this gift is going up there: a picture made of slatted wood.


The reds get put away, the blues come out again.



I love the window wall in this room. Even on a rainy day like today, it lets a lot of light in. I am content to sit and take in all the changing lights and shadows on the walls. 


I can see the forest and the trees, and the rain on the pond.
I am ready for a new year and all the new things it holds. 

1 comment:

  1. Blessed new year to you, my beautiful East-Coast friend.

    ReplyDelete