Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas in the House




The first thing up is those wreaths. That's because I get to them first sitting on top of the pile when I am unearthing the Christmas boxes.  


My husband found the lavish poinsettias at Costco and though I planned to put them on the porch, it was too cold. They really look beautiful in the kitchen.


The view from the kitchen into the living room. I love the evergreen garland. It smells so good and makes up for the plastic tree out of camera shot. 



Here is the living room from the entry way. There is another 30 foot garland hanging over the windows on the right. 


The entry table holds Christmas cards and my little musical Father Christmas that is 40 years old. 


A wider view of the entry way. 


The hearth in its finery. I love the burlap "Merry Christmas" swag. It was made by a friend. 


The Christmas stockings have served my husband and I well. Can you guess which of us is the dog and which is the cat?



My favorite red transferware tea set, just poised for an invitation to serve. 


The dining table with small trees and tall angels.


Getting ready to set the table. 


More window garland. 


And how it looks from a distance. 



The mantel from the straight on view. 



And the side view with the sectional and pillows and blue velvet ottoman
. Can you tell I like looking at it?


Nothing quite like the coziness of Christmas. Hope you enjoy yours!

6 comments:

  1. SO warm and welcoming. I always love your photos of home - you have a great gift for decorating and hospitality! Merry Christmas to you and Joe! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really answered my problem, thank you!
    visit more : Relaxation Massage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I?m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that?s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.
    visit:house of fun free spins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your search for the best source for curtains in Abu Dhabi has brought you the right place. Browse our huge offering to find the perfect fit for your home. Ranging from the lightest sheers to the darkest blackout curtains and from cheap to something a little more luxury, there’s something for every decor and every budget.

    Explore curtain header styles, lining options, poles and accessories. Our advisor can help you decide what’s right for you during your in-home appointment. The advisors will show you our collection book which includes our fabric samples and range of colours and styles so it would be easy for you to choose what is best for your windows.

    abudhabiblinds.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyy People .!! if you are looking for the curtains and blinds for your new home or renovation of your home we've got best collection of blinds curtain and shutters in Dubai . we give customers best and finest quality in market with an affordable price
    to see more collections and more please visit our website :- https://blinds-abudhabi.com/

    ReplyDelete